Senior Product Manager
Backflow Solutions, Inc. (BSI) is looking for a Senior Product Manager who loves working with multi-disciplinary teams in a complex, business focused environment to own and manage the evolution of our groundbreaking SaaS platform, BSI Online.
About Backflow Solutions, Inc.
We are a mid-sized, family owned business working to protect the world’s supply of drinking water through the delivery of industry leading digital solutions and customer centric services focused on backflow prevention & cross-connection control. With our headquarters in Alsip, IL, we support thousands of water purveyors across the US and Canada and their many millions of customers.
About the role
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for developing trust and rapport with everyone at BSI and across our partners, clients, and other stakeholders. The role requires a dynamic balance of technical experience along with leadership ability. The Senior Product Manager will set product direction, define work for designers & developers, provide projections, and track project progress and budgets. They will also own the product roadmap for the SaaS platform, and effectively lead BSI and our partners in its execution. They will be effective communicators across all levels of the organization and our partners and clients.
The ideal candidate will have experience in and a passion for managing digital products and a proven track record of delivering business value through product management. While no prior experience with municipal water supply or backflow prevention is expected, you will quickly become an expert in these areas and a passion for the business and its mission is critical for success.
Here is what we think is true of the person who would thrive in this role:
Product Management Expertise
- You have been instrumental in shaping and building new digital products that meet customer needs and align to organizational goals.
- You collaborate with business executives, designers, and developers in aligning around product opportunity and business strategy.
- You understand and speak to business outcomes, and have shaped human-centered products where you were accountable for specific business objectives like revenue, customer acquisition, incremental profitability, and the like.
- You have direct experience with full stops and hard pivots, and are able to take action when concepts and products aren’t working.
- You are familiar with agile methods as well as development and design processes.
- You create strategic roadmaps grounded in customer and business opportunities over features.
- You can articulate product needs and requirements at several levels of detail, from team-focused user stories and acceptance criteria up to enterprise objectives and roadmaps.
- You advise and consult with leaders on product strategy and product development.
- You’re focused on the end goal, as well as, the right next step.
- You seek frank, honest conversations with team members and partners alike.
- You’re a clear and compelling communicator, regardless of medium.
Project Management Expertise
- You manage and facilitate ongoing project and team cadences.
- You proactively communicate progress, risks and budget updates to executive stakeholders.
- You engage and leverage design and development leadership on your project team to align on decisions and drive outcomes.
- You replace ineffective practices with ones that better accomplish project and company goals.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the United States. This is a remote position with occasional travel (2-4 times per year) to client sites and the home office in Alsip, IL.
Compensation range is $105,000 – $125,000 based on experience and qualifications, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Apply here: https://highland.bamboohr.com/careers/96