1. What method were you using to track your backflow records before BSI Online?
We were attempting to run our own backflow program using in-house staff and quickly realized that it was a daunting task with a lot of moving parts. Our program quickly grew from 600 to over 1200 devices and we just couldn’t manage all of the notifications that had to go out to residents.
2. What is your favorite feature on the current version of the BSI program?
There are a number of great features on the current BSI portal. If I had to choose one, it would be the “at a glance” layout of the Dashboard. It is a quick overview of how your backflow program is running.
3. Have you used BSI for additional services? (FOG, surveys, remediation, etc.)
We do not currently use any of the other services, but the FOG program may be something we delve into.
4. How has partnering with BSI Online improved your day to day job duties?
Collaborating with BSI has brought organization, communication and a higher rate of compliance to our backflow program. Having them manage the program has allowed me to focus on other tasks without being sidetracked during the summer when we have multiple projects happening at the same time.
5. Would you recommend BSI Online to other municipalities or water purveyors?
I would say that if you want to run a well-organized backflow program that does not overwhelm you with paperwork and mailings, you should be working with BSI.
6. How has your experience been with the BSI staff?
The staff is courteous and responsive to calls and emails from residents. They are also well versed in backflow issues and can provide answers to questions that our front counter staff cannot.
Superintendent of Operations